In participation for today’s spirit day, Marvel made the comic book entitled Avengers: No More Bullying free to purchase in Marvel’s Digital Comic Shop!
— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) October 19, 2017
Avengers: No More Bullying
Originally priced at $12.99, Marvel gives out the comic for everyone for free in participation on Spirit Day. Inspiring the kids of today was the name of the game. The comic has 5 chapters, released last October 7, 2015, and all in all totals to 145 pages for fans to read.
The comic has 5 chapters, released last October 7, 2015, and all in all totals to 145 pages for fans to read. Chapters inside the comic includes:
1. Avengers: No More Bullying #1
- Avengers: Straight Shooter
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Quotient
- Amazing Spider-man: Friends on the Web
2. Thor #356: The Power and the Pride
3. Daredevil #28: Help Wanted
4. Amazing Spider-Man on Bullying Prevention #1: Fear Pressure
5. Avengers VS. #1
- Avengers VS. Red Skull: The Art of War
- Avenger VS. Loki & Frost Giants: Asgard on Ice
- Avenger VS. Attuma: To Turn the Tide
- Avenger VS. M.O.D.O.K & A.I.M.: Bros Before Foes
The comic book includes writers Sean Ryan, Jody Houser, Jerry Duggan, Jeff Loveness, Bob Harras, Mark Waid, Brett Lewis and Joe Caramagna.
What is Spirit Day?
Especially those unaware, back in 2010, there were numerous high-profile cases of young teen suicide unraveled at the community of LGBTQ. What connected all suicide cases is the bullying they receive for being LGBTQ. LGBTQ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning. Those belong in the questioning are people still uncertain of their orientation. Bullying may either be through peer pressure and lack of acceptance for such gender in their own community or simply in their social circle. The founder of the event is Brittany McMillan. She stands for those bullied and suicidal. She is giving the LGBTQ a hand and now look how far her advocacy grew. Every third Thursday in October is Spirit Day, per se, a part of the National Bullying Prevention Month.